About Me

My photo
Hmmmmm...Race Schedule...who needs a stinking race schedule?

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Racing and other Goals...


Okay, so I am sure you have all had the race where nothing clicked right, where you felt it all falling apart...that's how I felt at I love the Tavern...and thats what happened at the Shady Grove YMCA Sprint. I got to the YMCA Tri (7/20/08) and registered THE DAY OF the race...will never do again!!! I got thrown in on the end of the race numbers, which in a group start wouldn't be a big deal at all. But, NO, this was a pool swim so we had to start one at a time...ONE AT A TIME!!!...and I am number 496!! I sat for 2 hours after the race actually began and waited for my turn as the day got hotter and hotter. I was literally the second to last person in the water! But...it really all ended well b/c I came in 5th in my division. First would have een better, but we take what we can get, right!

My next race is the Hometown Waterboy. I did it last year and was 3rd in my age group...out of three...this year, things will be a little different. I am going to come in first in my age group, I have to because this will actually be the only race ever, due to small participation, that I will EVER be able to come in first in my age group! So...it's on! Last year I finished in under 52 minutes...I think I have a goal of 45 min this year...we'll see!

Oh, and I have set another goal as well...Having recently been (and may still be) the Short, Fat Triathlete...I want to look like the attached picture...mind you, minus the topless cavorting on an Italian beach with a married man...but, I give you all permission to remind me whenever I need reminding that people who do run around topless on an Italian Beach with a married man do not eat whatever it is I am about to eat...=)

PS...Another goal I had set is down!!! John McGuire, of SealTeamPT fame (http://www.sealteampt.com/) has spoken my name twice. It only took 22 months...but he knows my name!

No comments:

Post a Comment