About Me

My photo
Hmmmmm...Race Schedule...who needs a stinking race schedule?

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Wohoo! Now I am surely someone important!

I officially am the coolest person ever...I have my own blog. I wonder what took so long. My sister has one and even my really awesome running group has one...www.4girlsrunning.com...we are so freaking awesome.
Anyway, I entitled my blog page the reluctant triathlete b/c that is what I am. I completed my first triathlon on June 1st, 2008 and I am hooked but very, very frightened. And I feel very strange claiming the title "Triathlete" like all of those crazies out there with there Ironman Tattoos will hunt me down for deigning to refer to myself as a triathlete with a mere sprint race under my belt...but so be it. I dare you...do your worst!!
I trained for the Breezy Point Tri at Norfolk Naval Base with Team in Training...Saving Lives by collecting donations for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. Now I am mentoring for the fall tri season and will be competing in my first Olympic Distance Tri in the fall...scary!
For now I will continue all of my crazy training (Seal Team PT, 4girslrunning.com coaching for half-marathon...b/c I have someone...I mean a goal to beat, and TNT tri training w/my awesome group!)
Hoo-freakin'-Yah!!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok - so now maybe you'll visit my blog more often. I'll add you to my blogroll. If you need a definition of blogroll, just ask! :)

    ReplyDelete