About Me

My photo
Hmmmmm...Race Schedule...who needs a stinking race schedule?

Monday, June 30, 2008

I Love the Tavern, I have never been there, but I love it!

So, yesterday I completed the second ever "I Love the Tavern Tri." It was at Robious Landing Park and consisted of a 750m swim in the tepid James River, an 18.8 mile bike with a killer hill at the turnaround and a 5k trail run all in 95 degree heat. Boy, was it fun...well, maybe not, but I lived to tell the tale. I finished 236th overall...out of how many? Not sure, but I was definitely not in the top 50th percentile. I haven't seen age group results yet...but I have decided that full triathlon body markers are cool as souveniers for the next day but not so handy during the race. It was agony each time someone in my agegroup scampered past me on the forest trail that was the run portion of the race to finish before me. I had been ahead the entire time and just when I am wearing out they fleetly pass me, and to add insult to injury, the flaunt the fact that they have just taken out one of their competition. Maybe they don't flaunt it, but I know they are thinking it b/c I would be. Jerks! Anyway, it was a good time to be had by all...even though I was not ready to enjoy BBQ at 9 am after completing a triathlon...blah!
I also saw a strange movie last night..."In Bruges" with Colin Farrell, Voldemort and Mad Eye Moody. The box cover said that it was uproariously funny...it had its moment, fo sho, but it also had A LOT of not so funny moments and a lot of moments with gratuitous violence and gore...ie: didn't need to see Mad Eye plummet off of a medieval bell tower to hit the concrete below and literally SPLAT at the bottom in true "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor" Fashion...yummy!

1 comment:

  1. OK - for us ignorant runners, what are full triathlon body markers? Is this some sort of Taser-based shock collar system that when someone passes you, they get to zap you and give an evil bwah-ha-ha-haaaa as they do it?

    Remind me again why I'm "just" a runner?

    ReplyDelete